This past Tuesday I volunteered to help out in the classroom, and I learned how she uses some of the Ziploc bags. One of the tasks I performed was to inventory, organize and assemble the literacy "fun" bags so that the kids could start taking them home. The themed literacy bags are totes filled with a book, games and activities and sometimes stuffed animals and the kids take them home to encourage parent involvement in teaching early reading skills and other kindergarten basics. A lot of the totes contain small pieces or things that need to stay together. My daughter's teacher uses the Ziploc bags to keep all the pieces together. Some of the literacy bags even contain bubbles, watercolor paints, and glue! Those items need to be contained in strong and dependable bags so that they don't spill all over and make a big mess. Ziploc bags and literacy? Who knew? But, it's definitely something I'm willing to support!
We use a lot of different Ziploc products in our home so I was very happy to receive several different products to review as part of a Family Review Network blogging opportunity. Ziploc sent us four different products:
· Ziploc Brand sandwich bags
· Ziploc Brand Freezer slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
· Ziploc Brand Storage slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
· Ziploc Brand Containers with the Smart Snap™ Seal (medium square)
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the sandwich bags so they probably don't need much description. However, this is the first time I've tried out the expandable Ziploc slider bag. Both the freezer and storage bags have a special folded bottom that expands out so that the bags stay upright when you fill them. The bags are also roomier and work nicely for storing wider items like cupcakes and toiletries. The Smart Zip closure is easy to use (even for kids) and even makes a fun zipping noise so that you know that the bag is sealing. My husband and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how the zipper makes the noise one evening...doesn't take much to entertain us, I guess!
The lid on the Ziploc Smart Snap Containers shuts with a snapping sound -- a satisfactory assurance that the lid has sealed properly. The containers are clear so that I you easily see what is stored inside without needing to open it to check. Another thing that I noticed and like is the measurement indicators on the side of the container, in both cups and milliliters. The plastic containers are also BPA free. I use our containers for storing leftovers in the fridge. I've also use the Ziploc containers for storing craft supplies. The containers conveniently nest together for stacking.
Did you know that you can perform a science experiment using a Ziploc bag filled with water? We found a fun Leakproof Bag experiment in Steve Spangler's Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes book and tried it out recently. It's amazing that you can poke round pencils right through the plastic and the bag doesn't leak! Try it out yourself sometime.
From literacy bags to storage to science projects, Ziploc products come in pretty handy! And, one last plus that I truly appreciate -- Ziploc brands give back to schools by participating in the Box Tops for Education program. Make sure to save those coupons!
Thanks to SC Johnson, one lucky Brimful Curiosities reader will win their own set of Ziploc products:
▪ Ziploc Brand sandwich bags
▪ Ziploc Brand Freezer slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
▪ Ziploc Brand Storage slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
▪ Ziploc Brand Containers with the Smart Snap™ Seal (medium square)
To enter, leave a comment letting me know how you use Ziploc products in your home or school.
• For contact purposes, if you are a non-blogger or your email is not accessible in your blog profile, please leave a valid email address within the comment section.Three ways to gain extra entries (Maximum total entries is 4; please leave a separate comment for each entry):
• Contest is open to US Only
• Contest ends on Monday, October 4th 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.
• Winner will be chosen at random and sent an email notification.
1st extra entry: Blog about this contest then post your link in the comment section.
2nd extra entry: Follow me on twitter (iambrimful) and tweet about the contest.
3rd extra entry: Follow Me! or subscribe by email or RSS reader
This post was written for Family Review Network & SC Johnson who provided the complimentary product for review and giveaway in exchange for my honest opinions. (View my full disclosure statement for more information about my reviews.)