Sunny days - Time to say goodbye to coats and mittens. Hello, sunscreen! With my pale, sensitive skin I'm always on the look-out for great sunscreen products. Without sunscreen I turn a nice shade of red in a matter of minutes. My family recently had the chance to try out a non-aerosol kids spray sunscreen by KINeSYS. Typically, we use a lotion sunscreen so using this particular type was a whole new experience.
KINeSYS Kids SPF 30 Spray Sunscreen features a number of attributes that I look for when purchasing sunscreens:
• Oil, Alcohol, PABA, Preservative and Paraben-freeThe product sprays on a lot like water in a spritzer. I found that at first when you apply it the sunscreen feels slightly greasy but after it dries, you can't tell you have sunscreen on at all. To apply I held the nozzle 6-8 inches above the skin, depressed the sprayer and moved the container in a sweeping motion over the skin. To apply to the face, all I did was spray a little on my hand and rub it on. (Please refer to manufacturer for complete instructions and product information KINeSYS application demonstration video) It takes a few minutes for the product to dry. The 4-oz bottle is designed to fit comfortably in your hand. The manufacturer suggests that you apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure.
• Non-comedogenic (won’t block pores)
• Hypoallergenic (great for sensitive skin)
• UVA and UVB protection
• Water and Sweat-resistant
My kids loved getting sprayed! My one-year-old laughed like someone was tickling him and every time he sees the KINeSYS bottle he wants me to spray him. We've only had two nice sunny days here since we received the product in the mail, but in our trial runs no one ended up with a sunburn after using the product. I noticed that I did have to pay close attention while I was applying the product to make sure I covered all areas of the skin. I imagine with practice the application process will come more naturally.
We also had the opportunity to try the new Girls SPF 30 Sunscreen with a light vanilla and green tea scent. My preschool daughter of course loved the pink bottle and liked having her "own" sunscreen. I'm not usually a big fan of scented products, but I do like the way this one smells girly without being too strong. I'm interested to see how both products fare at the pool this summer.
My favorite attribute? According to their website, the KINeSYS company says they produce a safe sunscreen and care about the environment. I never realized that some sunscreens contain undesirable ingredients. KINeSYS received the #1 rating for spray sunscreens by Environmental Working Group for high-efficacy/low-hazard ingredients. Check out the Environmental Working Group sunscreen database for further information. KINeSYS products do cost a little bit more than your standard sunscreen, but the ease of use and environmental benefits help make up for the extra cost.
Try it out! KINeSYS is offering Brimful Curiosities readers a 10% discount on their orders. Use Code BRC10 (includes free shipping on orders over $45 AFTER the discount).
KINeSYS has kindly offered to give one Brimful Curiosities reader a 4oz Kids Sunscreen & 4oz Kids Moisturizer.
To enter, visit KINeSYS and leave a comment letting me know which KINeSYS product you think would best meet your family's needs.
• For contact purposes, if you are a non-blogger or your email is not accessible in your blog profile, please leave a valid email address within the comment section.Three ways to gain extra entries (Maximum total entries is 4):
• Contest is open to US only
• Contest ends on Monday, May 4, 2009 at 11:59 PM CST.
• Winner will be chosen at random
1st extra entry: Follow Me! or subscribe by email or RSS reader
2nd extra entry: Blog about this contest then post your link in the comment section.
3rd extra entry: Follow me on twitter (iambrimful) and tweet about the contest.
Thanks to Family Review Network and KINeSYS for this review opportunity!